POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : new patches released: linux fb + unix frontend (colored streams) + config : Re: new patches released: linux fb + unix frontend (colored streams) + config Server Time
14 May 2024 16:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new patches released: linux fb + unix frontend (colored streams) + config
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Sep 2005 05:55:01
Message: <dfjopt$4qc$1@chho.imagico.de>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:

>   - first attempts, based on source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.cpp
>   - support colored POV-Ray streams through $POV_STREAM_COLORS

It might be a good idea not to restrict this to colors but allow to
specify any line formatting.  For reading the output with a different
program it is often more convenient to have a plain text prefix for each
line.

I already said IIRC that i think offering command line options as an
alternative to environment variables would be useful, esp. if you call
POV-Ray from another program.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)