POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop : Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop Server Time
22 Jun 2024 22:04:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jul 2005 02:30:01
Message: <db2c9p$2q0$1@chho.imagico.de>
Kyle wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:59:58 +0200, Christoph Hormann
> <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>

>>(if anyone else observes the same problem please speak up).
>

> Switching between a modified hdr_environment.pov file, a one-line
> scene file and a basic scene file containing an image mapped height
> field produced the attached error info.

This is not what i was asking for - i wanted to know if there are any
reproducible abnormal program terminations with scenes not using mechsim
or scenes not using MegaPOV features at all.

I understand intermittent crashes are annoying but you would need to
trace this down to a precise combination of minimal scenes reproducibly
causing the problem - otherwise there  is no way for us to know if this
is a general problem or something that only occurs for you.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 01 Jul. 2005)