POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop : Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop Server Time
22 Jun 2024 22:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Jul 2005 12:55:01
Message: <dau7vr$ppk$1@chho.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> FWIW, I just had a bad series of crashes (Megapov 1.2 Windows version, XP
> SP2, "POV-Ray has a problem and must be closed" message) on scenes not
> involving Mechsim (making HDR images using LightSys).
> Some of them are reproducible (one at least was linked to a #debug stream)
> while others aren't (the renders works fine for a while for 3-4 runs and
> then crash POV). I haven't created a test scene but a slightly modified
> version of hdr_environment.pov (with view=3, radiosity commented off
> and -w300 -h150 +fh -ohdr_env.hdr in the command line) crashes either at the
> beginning of the render or at the end.

Could you check if this is related to HDR output?  I made some
modifications in the HDR code for version 1.2 so there might be new
problems related to this.

Note that any problem that only occurs in a second or later render will
of course not be observable in the Unix version.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 01 Jul. 2005)