POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV *ity test.. : Re: POV *ity test.. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV *ity test..
From: Peter Popov
Date: 30 Oct 1999 21:30:28
Message: <dIQbOJ6iWiQDLtE+COEidrYESP2b@4ax.com>
39. That is, without the ones posted below

DO YOU HAVE:
..The Official POV-Ray CD-ROM
..Any IRTC CD-ROMs
..a printed copy of the POV-Ray manual
  ..on glossy paper
..Moray
..A copy of "Raytracing Creations"
  ..Is it signed?
..A Utah teapot
  ..a printout of Mike Miller's picture
..a checkered floor
..a glass sphere
..a Cray
..512 Kb of hand-written source files
  ..1 MB
  ..4 MB
..local copies of all messages on this server
  ..on a separate HDD drive
  ..on CD
..a laser pointer pen
  ..has it helped you in raytracing
..the SuperPatch
..UVPOV
..4 patches
  ..8
  ..16
..POV-Ray
..a life

DO YOU KNOW
..a team member personally
  ..are you one?
..all command line parameters by heart
  ..their .INI equivalents
..the syntax of all POV keywords
  ..plus the SuperPatch ones
  ..plus the UVPOV ones
..the number of You Can Call Me Ray BBS

CAN YOU
..point out where a bug comes from without looking at the source
  ..fix it
..decode and understand
  ..Mark's virus
  ..Warp's signature
  ..Chris Colefax's Lens Effects include file/macro

..convert halo to media
  ..in your head
    ..does it work?
      ..the first time?
..predict how a quartic will look
  ..a poly
    ..any poly
  ..a julia
  ..a bezier_patch
  ..a mesh
..tell the time by looking at your shadow
  ..by looking at the moon
..know a fake gem by its ior
..type faster than you write
  ..than you talk
  ..than you read
..convert any color you see to rgbft
..predict how a color will look like (knowing the background)

HAVE YOU EVER
..logged on You Can Call Me Ray BBS
  ..#povray
..made money by raytracing
  ..by ratracing?
  ..by trayracing?
..spent 6 hours without getting off the chair
  ..12 hours
  ..18 hours
  ..24 hours
  ..36 hours
..scotch-taped the brightness/gamma controls on your monitor
..missed a class while raytracing
  ..missed a workday
  ..a holiday
  ..a wedding
    ..was it your own?
  ..a divorce
    ..was it your own?
..fallen asleep in front of the computer
..had a render time of 1 day
  ..1 week
  ..1 month
  ..1 year
..installed POV nn your school/work network
  ..on multiple computers
    ..you used it actively
      ..during workdays
..gotten in a flame war about rendering software
  ..outside the Internet
    ..in a bar
..bought more RAM to satisfy a specific render
  ..a new HDD

Alex, are these enough? I think not :) Since you beat me to this
(yeah, I wanted to make this test since Stephan started the YKYBRTTLW
frenzy over at c.g.r.r.) I'll just post some of the questions I came.
I will continue tomorrow, it's 3:30 a.m. now, z-z-z-z-z.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700