POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problems to render a script : Re: problems to render a script Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems to render a script
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Jun 2005 11:10:01
Message: <d9uden$dva$1@chho.imagico.de>
khayyam wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> I try to render the stones brickes from
> http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/wtunnel.html
> the source code is here
> http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/wtunnel/wt_stb.pov
>
> and with and without MegaPov, the parsing stops at the line
>  #local fnBox = function { "superellipsoid", <Round,Round> }
>
> with the error "Expected 'valid function expression', < found instead"
>
> and I dont see why it doesn't work. could anyone say me what's wrong ?

That is certainly not correct.  Trying to render this scene with
official POV-Ray results in:

File: wt_stb.pov  Line: 8
File Context (5 lines):

#version unofficial MegaPov
Parse Error: This file was created for an unofficial version and cannot
work as-is with this official version.

Trying to render with MegaPOV 1.x results in:

File: wt_stb.pov  Line: 8
Parse Warning: This file was designed for (unofficial) MegaPov version
0.7.  You are using version 1.2. Some features may have changed.

And i think this completely explains why it does not work.

You can fund some information how you can translate MegaPOV 0.x
isosurface syntax in Mike's isosurface tutorial:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/

(seems currently offline)

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______