POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mipmapping : Re: mipmapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mipmapping
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 May 2005 14:30:02
Message: <d5tiqg$8pd$1@chho.imagico.de>
tahoma wrote:
> When using image_maps i could not manage to get really nice visual
> results  because of high sampling frequencies.
> Is there a way to specify mipmaps in povray or can povray do it by
> itself?  The only interpolation schemes i found are 'bilinear' and
> 'normalized  distance'.

Sorry but the fact you write this shows that you have absolutely no idea
how raytracing works and what mip-mapping is.

I don't want to appear brusk but you should think about things and
inform yourself a bit better before posting something like this.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______