POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Potenitally dumb question : Re: Potenitally dumb question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Potenitally dumb question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Apr 2005 03:10:02
Message: <d44v58$3cv$1@chho.imagico.de>
Bryan Heit wrote:

> My question is, when I render does povray ignore the features out of the
> view of the camera?  I've set up most of the objects as macro's, so it's
> easy enough to remove what I don't need for each scene, but I'm
> wondering if that's a waste of my time.

That depends.  POV-Ray deals well with shapes not affecting the render
results at all but something being out of direct view does not
automatically make it not having an effect on the results.  It can for
example

- be visible in reflections/refractions
- cast shadows
- affect diffuse lighting (radiosity).

Testing for all these is also done in areas not in direct view of the
camera.

Christoph