POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : please... : Re: please... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 20 Mar 2002 17:24:32
Message: <d32i9u441sca5h6qvudjguauqguf7g2kbf@4ax.com>

<sch### [at] surfeuat> wrote:

>Yes but why? Because too many people stop using the software just because
>they would have to pay a small fee to support it! As long as it is free
>everyone is enthusiastic, if it comes to give some credit to the developers,
>they are all gone and the software has to die.

We *are* giving credit to the developers! It is not all money, you
know... we're using POV, cherishing it, defending it, working for the
benefit of it. People are making beautiful scenes, win contests, beat
kilobucks programs into the ground. Hundreds of useful add-ons are
being developed,  such as patches, macros, includes, tutorials, or
even the simple friendly piece of advice to a newbie. And we all know,
remember, and ever remind ourselves and the rest of the world that all
of the above would not have been possible had it not been for the
Team. So yes, we *are* giving credit to the developers.

You know, where I live, I could go downtown and have 3D Studio MAX
4.0, Lightwave or Maya for less than five dollars each. And you know
what? I haven't done it. Think about it...

>Exactly the same reason why a lot of guys got angry in here!

Not at all. It's just that this question has been asked so many times
that it's not only a FAQ, it's made its way into the license agreement
as well (which you have read and agreed with, if you're using POV).
Asking something blatantly obvious just triggered people's troll
protections, that's all. Me, I wanted to reply earlier to your initial
post with just the type of answer you asked for (short, simple, no
flames) but I was too late. Hope you had your asbesto suit on :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg