POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Alan Kong
Date: 21 Jan 2001 00:50:01
Message: <cvsk6tgbjr0de0s4dvegnrna5lr2c5j1h4@4ax.com>
On 20 Jan 2001 23:23:03 -0500 Hookflash wrote:

>That's why I dislike the current development model... The only information
>we get about the process is whatever the developers decide to tell us.  I
>would prefer a more open, community-oriented approach (OpenSource,
>basically).  But maybe that's just my preference.

  We prefer not to get into discussions on the progress of an upcoming
release. It's time *not* spent on development. Sorry if this is not to
everyone's liking but there are a lot of real world issues that warrant
more concern than what day POV-Ray will be released. Guarantee one
thing, though - you'll hear it first on this news server <s>.