POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Feb 2005 12:30:01
Message: <cv58f8$31m$1@chho.imagico.de>
Lance Birch wrote:

> To my knowledge none of them use fractal-based formulas, they are based on
> patterns that aren't fractal in nature, or am I mistaken?

That depends on how you define 'fractal' - if you do so via a recursive
definition they might not be (although every recursion can be replaced
by a loop as you might know).  If you do so via the property of
self-similarity they certainly are (a lot of POV-Ray's builtin patterns
/functions as well as turbulence warps have self-similar properties).

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______