POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Feb 2005 03:20:02
Message: <cun2hh$2qb$1@chho.imagico.de>
Lance Birch wrote:

>>>http://www.fractal-landscapes.co.uk/images.html
>
> I don't want to sound like I'm speaking on Darren's behalf, but I think Darren's
> entire point was that you should be able to do it without having to resort to
> using meshes, but because the function needed to be iterative, it wasn't
> possible with isosurfaces.

And my point was that landscapes like on the URL above are entirely
possibe to do in much higher quality in POV-Ray using existing means and
without meshes and a plugin system would not improve this in any way.
And also classical fractals can be rendered as isosurfaces using
POV-Ray's builtin fractal patterns.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______