POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Feb 2005 16:10:01
Message: <culr8v$bna$1@chho.imagico.de>
Darren New wrote:
>> This whole thread is - like its predecessors - completely pointless
>> because it lacks examples what such a feature can be useful for that
>> won't be better solved with a different technique.
>

> I am curious how one would build a fractal surface in SDL. It would seem
> to be tremendously inefficient. (By "fractal surface" I mean a surface
> where you can specify control points and a dimensionality between 2 and
> 3 and get an infinitely-detailed surface.) Sort of like
> http://home.san.rr.com/dnew/island.gif
> [...]

i am not in the mood for downloading an animated gif today but in
general there are four common ways of modeling a fractal surface in POV-Ray:

- using the builtin julia_fractal object
- using a mesh
- using a heightfield
- using an isosurface

You did not explain what other method you want to implement with a plugin.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______