POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Feb 2005 02:10:01
Message: <cuk9rl$2fm$1@chho.imagico.de>
Darren New wrote:

> I also find it odd that members of the Official POV-Ray Team would be
> trying to basically shout down discussion on the POV-Ray news server
> about POV-Ray features, but that's another thing.

I find it odd that seemingly some people posting in this thread want to
discuss the topic of plugins just for the sake of 'having plugins'
without having any idea what they can seriously be used for and insist
on doing so in a theoretical way refusing to seriously answer the very
practical questions asked by Warp and others.

The original poster probably was just having the misguided impression
that a plugin system would be the best solution for his problem.  But
until now he did not explain what he really wants to do so no one had
the chance to show him a practicable solution.

And in addition to what others have said: there will never be a feature
in POV-Ray that allows you to create custom extensions of POV-Ray (or
'plugins' if you want so) that are published as platform specific
binaries and are not licensed under the POV-Ray license (simply because
it violates the letter and the spirit of the license).

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______