POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
Date: 14 Feb 2002 06:54:42
Message: <cu7n6uk1q30125vhiooboessi7qhhi998e@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:27:33 +0000, Grey Knight <s16### [at] namtarqubacuk>
wrote:
> I've noticed the POV-team requests source code for things a lot.

Not exactly source code. Rather theory connected with request. CG is a
science. POV-Ray isn't developed at university. Real Life not leaves time for
personal research probably.

> What exactly is it that their coders *do*?

IMO they are there for free gadgets ;-)

> Bundle it all together?

From povray.f-a-q: "POV-Ray 3.5 is a work that will be somewhat similar to the
unofficial compile known as MegaPov." So what is MegaPOV ? From its site:
"MegaPov (formerly UVPov, SuperPatch, and MultiPatch) is a cooperative work by
members of the POV-Ray community."

But don't forget great work of all such things like incredible functions
features and all other things listed in 2.6. Note also hard work around bugs
sended to povray.beta-test.

Personally I like thinking that POV-Ray Team members
are The Elders of POV-Ray Community.

ABX