POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Enya does it again : Re: Enya does it again Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enya does it again
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jan 2009 14:22:26
Message: <cs5kn4h5ar8iradaa6mjpqcgr4vo7q1k4j@4ax.com>
On 23 Jan 2009 13:27:44 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:46:36 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I also love Berlioz's The Damnation of Faust.
>
>That's a good one.  I also like the Symphonie Fantastique.

Especially the movement with the 13 timpani.

Harold in Italy?

>There is a
>certain irony in KBYU broadcasting that one, it's like they don't know
>what the story behind the music is.

Fourth movement: "Marche au supplice"

Convinced that his love is spurned, the artist poisons himself with opium. The
dose of narcotic, while too weak to cause his death, plunges him into a heavy
sleep accompanied by the strangest of visions.

Fifth movement: "Songe d'une nuit de sabbat"

>(KBYU is the radio station run by
>Brigham Young University, which is owned by the LDS Church - a very
>conservative organization).

I always read that as "LSD Church". It must be a Freudian slip.
--

Regards
     Stephen