POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Dec 2004 09:05:02
Message: <cq6m0l$65g$1@chho.imagico.de>
Loki wrote:

> Sorry I wasn't very clear.  What I mean is it would be good to be able to
> map a different image map to the colour, diffuse, specular, reflection and
> transparency channels of a texture separately.  I understand what you mean
> about texture maps but that isn't quite what I was getting at.

You did not understand me - you can do all this with texture maps (but
of course not using 'image_map' since this is a pigment and not a pattern).

It is not a good idea to start demanding a new feature just because it
is not obvious to you how to accomplish a certain effect with existing
means.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______