POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use : Re: Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use
From: ABX
Date: 27 May 2004 08:45:11
Message: <cpnbb0t496m12ub5ejidhs03kmla973l2e@4ax.com>
On 27 May 2004 07:35:05 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> And linux realy is a stable OS (compared to i.e. Windows98,Me) none my
> linux-computeres had crashed (for over half year of using).

Half year? As far as I remember my Windows 95 did not crashed for 5 years until
I did not changed my machine to XP which did not crashed since buying (November)
too. My WinNT4 at work did not crashed since 6 years when I recived it. IMO it's
up to hygiene of taking care about your OS, about installing new unknown
software, blind changing registers, using wrong drivers, using noname hardware
etc. etc. Alltogether I consider Windows stable for POV-Ray use. Note that I'm
software developer who needs from time to time kill applications, but it never
caused OS crash.

ABX