POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity: is this appropriate? : Re: Radiosity: is this appropriate? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: is this appropriate?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Dec 2004 18:15:02
Message: <cpfuog$2kk$1@chho.imagico.de>
stm31415 wrote:
> After a couple of IRTC submissions that used radiosity, and then getting
> comments suggesting I should try using radiosity, I mean to get it right
> this time. I have been using two-pass radiosity. I will post the image on
> P.B.I.
> Here is my problem. If I use a lower-quality first pass (count 500
> error_bound .4 at 100*60) My lighting is just as flat on the second pass as
> it always was. So now I am trying to use a 500*300 with the following
> settings:
>

> [...]

Those settings don't appear very useful - start with the default or with
one of the settings from rad_def.inc and only modify something when you
know it has the intended effect.  Simply randomly trying out numbers
won't lead you anywhere except to long render times.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______