POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature request - round : Re: Feature request - round Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:59:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request - round
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Nov 2004 06:00:01
Message: <cohjlt$afv$1@chho.imagico.de>
ABX wrote:

> I do not have any measurements at hand but I'm pretty sure that while
> isosurfaces are indeed slow in general, rounded box is one of fastest and
> usefull application of them.

The idea that isosurfaces are inherently slow is completely wrong - in
fact there are a lot of cases where isosurfaces are much faster than the
analytical equivalent.  What probably makes people think this is that it
is easy to make any fast isosurface very slow by using too large
container, wrong max_gradient and accuracy or wrong function.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______