POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Just a thought : Re: SDL Just a thought Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Just a thought
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Nov 2004 17:00:02
Message: <cntn88$84a$1@chho.imagico.de>
Mike Thorn wrote:

>> The idea that you could increase the popularity of a language by
>> disallowing its use does not require any comment IMO...
>
> I believe m1j has a point. I think there's a widespread idea in the
> high-end world that just because POV is free, it's junk.

No.  If you make such extreme assumptions support them with examples or
refrain from posting them.  I am quite sure though you are not able to
give any real examples for this.  Depending on how you define 'high-end
world' there are various reasons why POV-Ray does not play an important
role there - POV-Ray as a whole or the SDL being free has no negative
influence in any case.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______