POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : benchmark question : Re: benchmark question Server Time
1 Jul 2024 13:37:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: benchmark question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Nov 2004 05:55:02
Message: <cmvg52$39n$1@chho.imagico.de>
Bill Hails wrote:
> Hi, I'm by no means a hardware expert, so please be
> gentle...
>
> I'm sure many of us have browsed
> http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.php
> and seen the (to me) astonishing 00:07:34 for a single
> Pentium Xeon on a Dell Precision 450 running Lunar Linux.
> By comparison my old Pentium III coppermine running
> SuSE 8.2 and a gcc-optimized PovRay 3.50c took 02:12:59.

Well - the problem about these benchmark results is that there is no way
to proove their validity - people could enter any time and no one would
notice.

You can find some accurate results in the tests Nicolas made recently:

http://pov4grasp.free.fr/articles/fastpov1/

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______