POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time : Re: Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now here's a good waste of time
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Dec 2007 11:34:38
Message: <cmn2m3phgi479t47g0cjm78a2bjjfaqqrm@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:50:58 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>>> Stories of how medieval peasants deal with the first knights in
>>> armor would be SF in my book.
>>
>> Sorry, for me this is historical fiction. It did happen, you know. :)
>
>Well, yes. And Jules Verne's stuff was SF, even tho it became real. :-)

I won't argue with that :)

>OK, so do the Mark Twain bit. That was SF too.

I've only read "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" * and yes I would
class it as SF.
Remember that he is not one of my national authors so the "so do the Mark Twain
bit." intrigues me. Over here he is mostly known for Tom and Huck with a lot of
irrelevant shouts of racism. But I believe that he is required reading in the
US. Is there an old chestnut in your words?

*	That could be classed as SF

Regards
	Stephen