POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Showing two shiny spheres. : Re: Showing two shiny spheres. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:57:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Showing two shiny spheres.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Oct 2004 04:15:02
Message: <clsu3s$1o0$1@chho.imagico.de>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> In a thread I brought up elsewhere,  Christoph suggested:
>
> << For two spheres you just do:
>
> #declare Start_Idx1=mechsim:face_count;
> MechSim_Generate_Sphere(...)
> #declare Start_Idx2=mechsim:face_count;
> MechSim_Generate_Sphere(...)
>

> and later:
>
> MechSim_Show_Sphere(Start_Idx1, Start_Idx2-Start_Idx1, ...)
> MechSim_Show_Sphere(Start_Idx2, mechsim:face_count-Start_Idx2, ...)
>

> However, the _Generate_Sphere _ code would only be used in frame 1, and you
> need to show the objects on frames 2 through the end.

For the other frames you would need to write the numbers to a file.  A
set of MechSim_Write_Index()/MechSim_Read_Index() macros could be useful
but is fairly straight away to write.  You can also simply print the
numbers in the message window using #debug and insert them manually.
This is not a flaw in the system but completely intentional.  It is the
only way it can work.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______