POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:04:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Oct 2004 12:50:02
Message: <clr7rd$83r$1@chho.imagico.de>
Gena wrote:

>> If there were no prizes that wouldn't be much
>> a problem, but with a financial incentive, it would immediately lead to
>> suspicion and to all sorts of potential troubles, including legal ones.
>

> It's a pity that from competition were excluded people who
> proved their commitment to POV-Ray during many years and who
> really deserve the prize.

I don't think this is about deserving or not.  If Appro, Zazzle or any
other company is interested in an image from Gilles or me they know we
are both open to doing contract work when time permits. :-)

I'd rather see the prizes as an encouragement for those participating
and the whole contest as a chance for people to exercise and present
their abilities.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______