POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..." : Re: "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..." Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'..."
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Oct 2004 07:15:02
Message: <cldef7$39b$1@chho.imagico.de>
Uplah wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I was hoping someone out there could help me! I'm trying to generate nice
> pictures of a protein structure, but the output .pov file from VMD cannot
> be loaded into POV-ray for some reason. What I get is the the error:
>
> Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'. Read of
> address 00000000.

Have you tried rendering it without opening it in the editor?  With
large files containing very long lines the editor might have troubles
but POV-Ray should render them without problems.

> I have a second smaller question to do with the actual rendering. I get a
> lot of comments about denegerate triangles. Is there an easy way of getting
> rid of them?

Yes, removing the degenerate triangles. ;-)

Degenerate triangles are either triangles with collinear vertices or
smooth triangles with ambiguous normal vectors.  Any program generating
meshes should take care of not generating such triangles.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______