POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : WinXP & intel P4 only 50% used : Re: WinXP & intel P4 only 50% used Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinXP & intel P4 only 50% used
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Oct 2004 04:25:02
Message: <cjtlju$29m$1@chho.imagico.de>
DocJunioR wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using POV on a P4 machine with 3.2 GHz under winXP.
> Switching the render priority to highest, i only get a processor usage of
> 50%.
> P4 processors are splitted into 2 processors. how can I tell my POV to use
> both parts?

P4 processors are single processors just like others.  They can just
represent themselves to the system as two virtual processors.  If your
OS reports 50% use then this is not the real processor use.  POV-Ray
does not use multiple processors (neither virtual nor real) so the only
way to use them is to run several instances of POV-Ray (either manually
or automatically).

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______