POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : materials : Re: materials Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: materials
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Jun 2003 13:44:13
Message: <cjameshuff-FE7902.12354510062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ee610eb@news.povray.org>,
 "Texel" <gsm### [at] netcourriercom> wrote:

> In anim8or, my materials have these properties:
>
> Ambient: percentage, color, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Diffuse:   percentage, color, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Specular: percentage, color, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Emissive: percentage, color, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Transparancy: percentage, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Bumpmap: percentage, texture (it can be an image like .gif)
> Rough: percentage
> Brillance: percentage
>

> I am a beginner in Povray and i have tried to find some matches with Povray
> materials, but i have not found all of these properties.
>
> How can i modify this example of material in order to convert all of the
> propertises i have listed above?
> (for example i don't know how to put a diffuse color to this material,
> without removing the image).

Most of these are finish attributes. Here's what is available:

ambient float | color
diffuse float
specular float
roughness float
brilliance float

The "roughness" keyword controls specular, it may not be equivalent to
whatever anim8or "rough" is. I don't know what "emissive" could be.
Transparency is usually defined as part of the color, specifying it as
part of an image_map is a bit trickier, and it can not be defined by an
image. There is a bump_map feature which is part of the normal
statement. POV is a bit more limited in that many things are only
specified as floats or constant colors. The finish diffuse item is just
a scaling factor for the pigment color. The syntax is fully described in
the manual.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/