POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Apr 2003 16:10:46
Message: <cjameshuff-FC9A34.16094509042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <pan### [at] gtenet>,
 Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> I haven't figured out what the syntax for going from objects to pure
> splines would be yet.

If you mean taking an object like a lathe or prism and getting a spline
from it, I think that is unnecessary. If you can specify the object, you
can specify the spline and pass it to the object while keeping it for
later use.

The internal handling of splines could also use some work...I doubt any
major changes to internal structures would be in any future version
though. (Disclaimer: This is my personal judgement, not an official
statement...but everything that has been said indicates that the next
major update will be POV 4.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/