POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material : Re: mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 15 May 2003 10:32:16
Message: <cjameshuff-FC9482.10324115052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ec2d5d0@news.povray.org>, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet>
wrote:

> Gives a Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', interior found
> instead.  Remove the interior{} and it works.

Of course it does. You use the syntax for a layered texture declaration,
but put an interior statement at the end. You need to put the interior
in the object itself.
The reason that you can't specify a per-triangle material is that the
material has an interior, and having different triangles of the same
mesh with different interiors does not make sense.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/