POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 31 Mar 2004 18:52:03
Message: <cjameshuff-FC5501.18523331032004@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94BDCFC2D93EBraf256com@203.29.75.35>,
 "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> I stil dont understand what is point of disallowing peoples to use 3.6 if
> they realy want to, woould a warining message be better...?

No, a warning message would not be better, because people would use the
program past its expiration. Quit whining about it. It's there for a
reason, and it isn't going to change. (Unless everyone in the world
suddenly becomes intelligent and thorough about following beta testing
procedure, in which case the point would be moot...you wouldn't even be
trying to run the program.)

> It is quite stupid that I have to hack a free ware program.

It is stupid to hack the beta version. Nobody's forcing you to use it,
and you can cause problems for yourself and others. Just use the final
3.5 version instead. Do not use the 3.6 beta past its expiration unless
you have a really good reason to. (you don't)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/