POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Apr 2003 16:08:11
Message: <cjameshuff-F54330.16083605042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e8dcf10$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> > sphere { ... object_groups "mask A", "mask B" }
> > box { ... object_groups "high AA" }
>
> For suggesting this syntax you deserve to be shot! ;-)

That wasn't really a fully-formed feature suggestion, just a quick,
half-baked example of how it might look.
Anyway, what exactly is your objection? The string group IDs? Since a
group isn't really a thing, I wasn't sure about giving it an actual
identifier. It could be done and might look cleaner, it just might
unexpectedly clash with variable or macro names.
Or is your complaint with the group idea itself? It was suggested as an
improvement to the "object ID" idea, and seems much better to me. Got a
better idea?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/