POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : motion blur in POV : Re: motion blur in POV Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur in POV
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Dec 2003 17:42:14
Message: <cjameshuff-F513AC.17422127122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fed5d1b@news.povray.org>,
 "Anto Matkovic" <ant### [at] matkoviccom> wrote:

> Is there a way for motion blur between frames of animation in POV, like in
> commercial animation apps?

In the official version, the only way to do motion blur is to post
process several frames together.

> In any way, using raytrace sampling of time, or simply 2d fast-rough motion
> blur by comparation of images.... anything....
> I don't think of 'static' motion blur well known from megaPOV.

I'm not sure what you're thinking of here. The MegaPOV motion blur was
real motion blur, done by sampling the object at different times.

> Regarding previous posts about POV in production workflow, this seems to me
> the most serious problem.

The lack of motion blur is the most serious problem with using POV in a
production workflow?

> POV with SDL and tons of mathematical shapes, theoreticaly :) looks like a
> powerfull tool for procedural (non hand made) animation...
> effects, explosions, clouds, waterfalls, mechanics.... everything *except*
> character animation with bones etc.

What does boned animation have to do with motion blur?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/