POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render time error : Re: render time error Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render time error
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2004 12:01:04
Message: <cjameshuff-F4C3AD.12015828022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4040c3be$1@news.povray.org>,
 Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> I am getting a render time error "too many nested textures".  Can anyone
> explain what is happening?  How many are too many, and what does POV
> consider to be a nested texture?  Afaik, I am not using syntax such as :

It appears to be something to do with warping normals, something that
was added after 3.1. My first guess is that earlier versions didn't warp
normals when the texture was warped...this code was written to fix it,
but the programmer was lazy and it can only handle 100 textures at once.
It refers to nested texture evaluations, not nested textures...I'm
guessing you'll hit it if you have a chain of more than 100 evaluations
of transparent patterned textures along a ray.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/