POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sky_sphere and gradient : Re: sky_sphere and gradient Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky_sphere and gradient
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Sep 2003 14:20:48
Message: <cjameshuff-F0F79D.14201429092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3F784905.39BEFA2A@tin.it>,
 Stefano Tessarin <s.t### [at] tinit> wrote:

> well the color combination is very realistic to me but instead of a
> gradient it's a circulare scale even if I use radiosity, how can I avoid
> this bad effect?

Radiosity will not affect the appearance of the sky_sphere. The
sky_sphere feature is a simple background effect, its color and pattern
are what you specify for it.

I don't know what kind of effect you are trying to avoid...maybe you're
seeing the horizon line where the gradient pattern repeats. The
sky_sphere maps the pigment onto a sphere of unit radius, so it goes
from y = -1 to y = 1. Your gradient pattern has two full gradients in
that interval, and you see the line between them. You could flip your
color_map upside down and use the planar pattern, or scale your gradient
by 2 and translate downward by 1 to get it to fit the sky_sphere. (in
this case, you would also have to adjust the color map, since half of it
will be below the horizon)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/