POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : replacing texture with depth : Re: replacing texture with depth Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: replacing texture with depth
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Apr 2003 18:08:29
Message: <cjameshuff-EC1954.18082714042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3e9b248428766bdefff4d2090@news.povray.org>,
 "David" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> After using the inversion method for quite a while, I found that it doesn't
> work with primitive patch (2D) objects.  Go figure.  It should be so easy
> to output depth.  Can this please, please be added to the next official
> release?

Just put if statements in your scene to change between textures. If you
define all your textures separately, you can do it with one if-else
statement.

Odds of it being in the next official release are low, but it will
probably get into MegaPOV.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/