POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurfaces? : Re: isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaces?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Nov 2003 23:42:00
Message: <cjameshuff-EACD10.23414103112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <mat### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Matthew Pace <mat### [at] lycoscom> wrote:

> Hello, I am currently having trouble with isosurfaces.  I am currently
> checking out the documentation,
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm  and
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm

Those are third-party tutorials, not the official documentation as you
imply. And the second page doesn't have anything about isosurfaces, as
far as I can tell.

> #declare Sphere= function {x*x+y*y+z*z-R*R} //both with and without semi
> colon at the end of the declare statement
...snip...
> i get an error stating that I placed an } aat line 37 where there was an
> expected parameter/float.

You didn't specify that R was a parameter:
#declare Sphere = function (x, y, z, R) {x*x+y*y+z*z-R*R}

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/