POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : What is this HDRI thing? : Re: What is this HDRI thing? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is this HDRI thing?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Jan 2003 13:40:10
Message: <cjameshuff-E9F06E.13360603012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e10983b@news.povray.org>,
 "Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> news: chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> > But it is still less accurate than radiosity could be, as far as I can
> > tell.
> Accuracy here is really a non-issue given the benefits...

Well, since my interests are mainly in simulation, "better" == "more
accurate", "less accurate" == "worse". Speed is only part of my equation
for judging a simulation if the quality is a constant. Like glows or
fog, this is a compromise of quality vs. speed...it isn't "better than
radiosity", just faster without being a lot worse, like what ambient was
originally for.

Since you are an artist, you have different criteria about which is
"better".

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/