POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scope of identifiers in nested Macros : Re: Scope of identifiers in nested Macros Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scope of identifiers in nested Macros
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Jan 2004 12:11:21
Message: <cjameshuff-E8F7CE.12111903012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ff4a58c$1@news.povray.org>,
 Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:

> >   But the current behaviour can be useful sometimes.
> Do you mind to give an example?

The Extents() and Isect() macros, which return multiple values through
their parameters.

> > If you make a #local in an include file, its scope will be only inside
> > that file.
> But you can't use it properly in macros:

You're talking about an entirely different kind of scope here. It would
be useful in some cases, but I think what you want would be done better
with object-oriented programming structures.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/