POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:54:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Apr 2003 21:58:19
Message: <cjameshuff-E611E2.21585501042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e89d9a7@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   One of the most useful applications for this would be to specify a bitmap
> for the background (which is often requested by people).

This would be handled by something else. Your definition only works for
camera rays, it is meaningless for reflected or refracted rays. I can
think of two (non-exclusive) possibilities: a post-process feature, and
a programmable camera feature which lets you specify every detail of the
camera...basically coding the pixel level tracing in POV code. Some
built-in functions would be made available to make new cameras based on
existing ones. In this case, you would use one of these functions and a
pigment function to determine the final pixel color.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/