POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : (OT) Trigonometry primer ? : Re: (OT) Trigonometry primer ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (OT) Trigonometry primer ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Apr 2003 19:18:24
Message: <cjameshuff-E30ADE.19181717042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e9da182$1@news.povray.org>,
 Mahesh Padmanabhan <new### [at] nospampranaemlcc> wrote:

> As I keep playing with povray, I realize that I have forgotten even the
> most basic trigonometry. I junked all my trig books way back in time.
> Are there any good trig books out there? Web sites describing basic trig
> would be ideal.

About the subject...math figures strongly in the more advanced uses of
POV, so math questions are usually on-topic, as long as they have
something to do with POV or computer graphics. (which can be just about
anything)

Simple things like this question go well in this group, more difficult
problems fit better in povray.advanced-users. And as Will mentioned,
trigonometry isn't really that important in POV, a good understanding of
geometry and vector math is much more helpful.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/