POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : small bugfix in unix.cpp? : Re: small bugfix in unix.cpp? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: small bugfix in unix.cpp?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Jun 2003 10:05:02
Message: <cjameshuff-E253CB.08562408062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ee306aa$1@news.povray.org>, fja### [at] abofi wrote:

> I am using povray 3.50c for linux. When I try to start povray remotely on
> an other linux box with rsh,

Have you tried/can you try ssh? I use it often to render POV scenes on
my fast machine (a Mandrake Linux box) from my slow machine, with no
trouble. It also includes an option to force pseudo-tty allocation,
which I use to get the remote POV to close on demand, but it seems to
render fine without that.
You've already got a fixed version, I'm just wondering why it would work
in ssh but not rsh.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/