POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subsurface Scattering : Re: Subsurface Scattering Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Jul 2003 11:01:44
Message: <cjameshuff-E24BFF.09551520072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <MPG.19835f5a3e611a0798983b@news.povray.org>,
 Patrick Elliott <sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I suspect that part of the problem was
> the sphere being way to small, but I also suspect that it is simply
> impossible to make media 'thick' enough to obscure objects at relatively
> short distances without resorting to something like what you seem to be
> talking about doing for the milk. However, I could have simply screwed up
> the settings. ;) I am pretty much flying blind here and experimenting
> with something I never used before. lol

To make it thicker, you just need to increase the density. To get the
same results at half the scale, you need to double the density. It
sounds like you think there is some limit to how dense you can make
media, or that high densities are somehow a "last resort".

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/