POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isoBlob : Re: isoBlob Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isoBlob
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Jan 2003 10:40:21
Message: <cjameshuff-DC98DF.10362004012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e165dbd$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Mike Williams" <mic### [at] quixnetnet> wrote:

> Has anyone created a macro of the isoSurface blobs that have been discused?
> The ones listed in the discussion about MLPOV work great but the points seem
> to be embedded into the formula. I am looking for a maco that would take an
> array of points and return the complete formula for the isoSurface.

Not of the sort you want, not that I know of anyway. I have made an
updated version of the blob pattern that uses a smooth function, but I
think I mentioned that during those discussions, so it probably isn't
what you want. I've also been thinking of a new blob object that
combined raytracing (for function bounds checking) with an isosurface
solver. Not only would it produce smooth blobs, it would allow
components other than cylinders and spheres.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/