POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Permanent glows in MegaPov : Re: Permanent glows in MegaPov Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:44:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Permanent glows in MegaPov
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Jul 2003 11:06:15
Message: <cjameshuff-DB11D6.09591622072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f1d0940@news.povray.org>,
 "David Wallace" <dar### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> I tried that... the spheres don't light up enough to differentiate them from
> those which are not lit.  All I see is the point of light in the middle.

Just adjust the settings to make a bigger highlight. For specular, use a
larger value for roughness.

> I need the whole bulb to light up.  A scattering media perhaps?

Scattering media is overkill for just lighting a small indicator, though
it will work for simulating the glow effect around the light. You could
fill the light with emitting media, which may actually be faster than
the light source method if you have lots of lights. If you don't put a
light source in the bulb, you would then have to use radiosity to get
them to cast illumination on their surroundings.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/