POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible bug with "frequency" in maps : Re: Possible bug with "frequency" in maps Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible bug with "frequency" in maps
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jan 2005 19:22:22
Message: <cjameshuff-DA6A58.19222912012005@news.povray.org>
In article <41e1408f@news.povray.org>, Jellby <jel### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Among other things, myself wrote:
>
> > From my limited knowledge of povray innards, this looks to me like a
> > genuine bug. Is it?
>
> Comments? Confirmations? Should I post this to p.bugreports?

I think this is a bug. I "fixed" it in a patch which I've just moved
over to MegaPOV, however, I haven't verified that it works properly.

I'm kind of busy starting school again now, but I'll hopefully have my
patches documented and released in a couple weeks. Included are a "no
waveform" patch (which fixes this issue and allows direct use of the
pattern values), crackle optimizatons, 2D crackle, the voronoi pattern,
a faster proximity pattern, blob2 object, and few other updates and new
patches.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/