POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MMacros texture : Re: MMacros texture Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MMacros texture
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2003 12:43:40
Message: <cjameshuff-D9309F.12441025042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ea8cf8b@news.povray.org>,
 "leseur sylvain" <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> wrote:

> >>BTW, when you need to post the same message to multiple groups, it is
> >>preferred if you cross-post, instead of posting the same thing several
> >>times.
>     Ok. But, it is, at the same time for News_User, and Macro is not an
> easy thing and i though Povray_General too.
>  What does it means BTW ?

What does what mean? Cross posting? It is a way to post one message to
multiple groups. I'm not sure of the best way to do it with Outlook...

> >>Since you apparently didn't write these, it would have been
> >>better to just mention where you got them.
>     Ok, it's true, of course. It's a part of:
> // checker.inc version 1.00
> // copyright Shiro Nakayama (syl### [at] cg-cgcom) 2002
> // date  2002.11.04

Well, that doesn't tell where you got it, but I bet Shiro Nakayama knows
more about how to use it than the people on these groups... ;-)

> >>Well, the usage instructions were given right at the top of your
> >>message. What happens when you try something like that?
>     I don't understand "usage"

The word "usage"? It means "how something is used".

> // usage:
> //(PatternNumber : 0 - 30)
> //pigment { P_Checker(PatternNumber, pigment1, pigment2)  }
> //texture { T_Checker(PatternNumber, texture1, texture2)  }etc...

The P_Checker() macro makes a pigment, T_Checker() makes an entire
texture, PatternNumber is any number from 0 to 30.

> I just wish to have one box and render each texture one by one.

Something like this:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "checker.inc"

camera {
    orthographic
    location < 0, 0,-1>
    look_at < 0, 0, 0>
    right x*1 up y*1
}

#declare TexA = texture {pigment {color White}}
#declare TexA = texture {pigment {color Black}}

box {<-1,-1, 0>, < 1, 1, 1>
    texture {T_Checker(frame_number, TexA, TexB)}
}

And then render an animation with 30 frames.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/