POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color choice for IRTC project : Re: Color choice for IRTC project Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color choice for IRTC project
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Apr 2003 16:21:07
Message: <cjameshuff-D4F42A.16210720042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ea2c000@news.povray.org>, Jellby <jel### [at] M-yahoocom>
wrote:

> Actually, when I was a child I was taught basic colours were red, blue and
> yellow. Secondary colours would be green (blue + yellow), purple (red +
> blue) and orange (yellow + red), cyan looks like a light blue.
>
> I know this doesn't comply with colour theory, but it works when using real
> paints (and when you're 6) ;)

That's subtractive color, or CMY: "blue" == cyan,  "red" == magenta. The
crayons are close enough you can use the same rules and get something
close to the desired result, though proportions are different.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/