POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : defying perspective : Re: defying perspective Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: defying perspective
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Jan 2003 18:09:11
Message: <cjameshuff-D33396.18080322012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e2f123e@news.povray.org>,
 "James Taylor" <jim### [at] blueyondercouk> wrote:

> How do I figure out the rotations and/or translations (scale is not a
> problem) to make a objects in a perspective camera behave like an orthagonal
> camera?

You don't. Think about how perspective works a bit more...you can't undo
it by transforming the object, not with the transformations available in
POV.
You need to use an actual orthographic camera, and you can't change
things on a per-object basis, you will have to render separate images
and combine them in an external program.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/