POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting : Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Sep 2003 14:29:42
Message: <cjameshuff-CB177A.14290829092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f784f827beb29f5458b4d510@news.povray.org>,
 "wacampbell" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> The word Quality doesn't seem to be recognized as a valid variable.  Does
> anyone have any thoughts on how I might accomplish this.

Why did you think it would be? The documentation does not say it exists,
nor does any other document I've ever seen. On top of that, it isn't
even a valid built-in keyword. All built-in keywords are lower-case.

There was some discussion a while ago about implementing this, maybe you
ran across that...but it isn't, and never has been available.

As for solving your problem...as I recall, you can specify variables in
the *.ini file and command line. The manual should have the details.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/