POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Casting sinusoidal shadow on an object ? : Re: Casting sinusoidal shadow on an object ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Casting sinusoidal shadow on an object ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Nov 2003 10:46:01
Message: <cjameshuff-C652EB.10430113112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fb3a0b3a347d771ccd526b40@news.povray.org>,
 "Omega" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Nice, it seems to work the way I want.. but is there a way to get rid of the
> discontinuity occuring at x=0? (the sine phase starts at phi=0 and
> increments in both direction, thus creating positive values over an entire
> period of the sine)

Forgot about that...the simplest solution would be to replace "gradient
x" with "function {sin(x)/2 + 0.5}", or you could use cos() if you want
a symmetrical pattern. Oh, and remove the sine_wave keyword, since it is
now in the pattern itself. Or you could just translate the pattern far
enough that the mirroring point is out of your way.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/